Do you find printer brochures too technical, dull or even…boring? Let’s take some time today to cut through all the marketing of the DCP360i and find out why CardsPlus calls it the best solution for industrial direct to card plastic card printing.
Introducing the Showdown
It’s time, ladies and gents, to be introduced, again, to the best direct to card printer on the market. The EDIsecure DCP360i is the most flexible way to manage more demanding applications. Professional and designed for industrial application, the DCP360i has both optional lamination for more durability and security as well as easy smart card personalization and encoding.
Before we head into direct comparison, let’s look at the printers in the same class as the DCP360i. These are the printers and the brands that compete directly with the EDIsecure DCP360i for plastic card printing:
The Dual Sided “Industrial” Class
That sure is a lot of dual sided options! Well, they’ve been tested against the DCP360i using the following criteria to narrow down which dual sided option is the best VALUE FOR MONEY.
Criteria for evaluation
- Robust Product?
- Distribution Channel?
- Solution Bundles available?
- Secure ribbon protection?
- Consumable prices?
- Service and support?
- application volume?
- Encoding of magnetic stripes, contact or contactless smart cards?
- Single or Dual sided lamination?
- Easy to operate?
- Training effort?
- Available card material?
- Variety of ribbon portfolio?
- Security of investment?
Advantages and benefits of the DCP360i
- EDIsecure DCP360i printers are attractively priced because:
- Small footprint means less costs accumulating from shipping the product from manufacturer to distributor to user
- Optional encoders for magnetic stripe, contact smart cards, and contactless encoding are available as field upgradeable modules
- Optional plug and play single- or dual-sided lamination available separately
- Only minimum field service or support is required
- EDIsecure DCP360i plastic card printer is built for industrial requirements
- There is a 24 month warranty on the printer without count limitation or hidden Terms and Conditions like many of the other brands
- Built on proven technology and offers a range of sophisticated functions including:
- Ethernet option for increased flexibility
- Can print static images on the overlay ribbon
- Ideal for monochrome printing due to portrait orientation
- Extreme ribbon yield
- Flexible card thickness from 0.25-1.02mm
- The DCP360i card printer is easy to operate and reduces training and service call outs required considerably due to:
- Built-in LED operating panel with LCD for convenient set up and operation
- Detachable card dispatcher for easy handling reduces potential of spilling printed cards on the floor.
- Professional direct to card printer with optional lamination for more durability and security
- Quality design and construction gives less hassles than flimsier models
- Operator replaceable print heads
- Powerful printer driver shows the printer status and makes it possible to change the parameters for printing from the PC
- Automatic ribbon detection and low ribbon warning
The Closest Contender
The closest contender to the DCP360i is the Fargo DTC550. But what sets the two machines apart?
The DTC550 boasts:
Now, let’s look at what the DCP360i boasts:
Client Success Stories
Time and again, CardsPlus receives client feedback from the DCP360i. The consensus is that the DCP360i has proven itself the premium direct to card plastic card printer. Even in the tough African environment, clients have found success in the DCP360i, even after unsuccessful ventures with other printer brands.
From ID projects to membership schemes, CardsPlus has received the thumbs up on the DCP360i from clients all over Africa.
In a direct comparison of the DCP360i with other competing printers, the DCP360i has revealed itself as the printer of choice for industrial level direct to card printing. The strength of the DCP360i is in the robust construction, low cost per solution and excellent reliability that has proven itself over and over again.
If you would like a demo, or more information about the DCP360i, please contact us right away.
Read more about our offering on our website.